A) 请听下面6段小对话。每段对话后有1个小题，从题中所给的A. B. C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话后，你有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
（ ） 1. Was the girl doing the homework at 11:00 last Sunday?
A. Yes, she was. B. No, she wasn't. C.Yes, she is.
（ ） 2. What will people have in their homes?
A. Computers. B. Robots. C. Rockets.
（ ） 3. Where was Tom's pen?
A. It was in his bag. B. It was in his desk.
C. It was on his desk.
（ ） 4. What program is the woman's favorite?
A. Space. B. The UFO. C. The space station.
（ ） 5. Was the girl tired after the long run?
A. Yes, she was a little tired. B. No, she was not tired at all.
C. Yes, she was very tired.
（ ） 6. Why can't Jane go swimming?
A. Because she isn't busy. B. Because she is not free.
C. Because she is ill.
B) 请听下面3段大对话。每段对话后有3个小题，从题中所给的A. B. C三个选项中选出最佳选项。在听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题5秒钟；听完后，每小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。
（ ） 7. What's Mike going to do first?
A. Clean his room. B. Do his homework. C. Take out the trash.
（ ） 8. Where is mom going?
A. Work. B. A meeting. C. A class.
（ ） 9. What does Mike ask for?
A. Some drinks. B. Some clothes. C. Some money.
（ ） 10. Does the mother let Michael join the Lions right now?
A. Yes, she does. B. No, she doesn't. C. Yes, she did.
（ ） 11. Does Michael want to play soccer?
A. No, he doesn't. B. Yes, he does. C. Yes, he did.
（ ） 12. What does Michael think of playing soccer?
A. Exciting. B. Boring. C. Relaxing.
（ ） 13. What day is it when the conversation happens?
A. Monday. B. Sunday. C. Tuesday.
（ ） 14. When will the man come to the hotel?
A. 3 days later. B. In a week. C. Before Wednesday.
（ ） 15. What season is it when the man stays there?
A. Spring. B. Winter. C. Summer.
请听短文，短文后有5个小题，从题中所给的A. B. C三个选项中选出最佳选项。在听短文之前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题5秒钟；听完后，每小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间，读两遍。
（ ） 16. When was Yao Ming born?
A. On December 9, 1980. B. On September 20, 1980. C. On September 12, 1980.
（ ） 17. What's Yao Ming?
A. A basketball player. B. A football player. C. A computer engineer.
（ ） 18. What does Yao ming do in his spare time?
A. Play basketball. B. Play football. C. Play computer games.
（ ） 19. Yao Ming is good at playing basketball, isn't he?
A. Yes. B. No. C. That's wrong.
（ ） 20. Which of the following is right?
A. Yao Ming plays basketball for NBA, and so did Wang Zhizhi.
B. Yao Ming plays basketball for NBA, but Wang Zhizhi doesn't.
C. Wang Zhizhi played basketball for NBA, but Yao Ming didn't.
21. — I hope you will have a nice weekend.
A. Sure, it will B. Of course, I can C. Thank you very much D. You're so kind
22. — If you don't clean your room, your mother won't ____ you go out.
— I think you're right.
A. make B. let C. tell D. ask
23. — Swimming is . The children are swimming .
— Let's go and join them.
A. so great fun, so happy B. such great fun, so happily
C. such a great fun, so happy D. so great, so happy
24. — May I borrow some money from you, please?
— Oh, sorry. I my purse behind this morning.
A. is leaving B. leave C. left D. will leave
25. — Will it rain this afternoon?
— . It's too hot.
A. I hope so B. I hope not C. Never mind D. I'd love to
26. — Maybe you could go to his house.
— I guess I could, but I don't want to him.
A. surprise B. say C. speak D. smile
27. — Just me and I will show you where the library is.
— Oh, thank you so much.
A. look after B. catch up with C. watch D. follow
28. — Cathy did quite in the English competition. I did even .
— Both of you are pretty excellent.
A. better, well B. well, better C. well, well D. better, better
29. — Her village was 2, 000 meters sea level.
— So, at first, the thin air made her feel sick.
A. on B. over C. above D. beyond
30. — Shall we go to visit Tian'an Men Square it doesn't rain tomorrow?
— Good idea！
A. as soon as B. if C. since D. when
31. — What do you want to learn?
— I want to learn how to use computers.
A. other, also B. else, too C. also, too D. else, also
32. It's not polite to ask people in western countries.
A. about their names B. about the money they make
C. about their families D. about their addresses
33. of my parents is a teacher. They are drivers.
A. Both B. Neither
C. All D. Either
34. — Would you mind if I keep the door open ?
A. Never mind B. Not at all
C.Yes, please don't D. Please do
35. In the exam, the you are, the mistakes you'll make.
A. careful, little B. more careful, less
C. more careful, few D. more careful, fewer
36. I hear Charles' cousin is the same age him.
A. for B. than C. as D. in
37. My math teacher was angry me because I failed my test yesterday.
A. for B. with C. in D. to
38. seems that Coco Lee is still very popular among the young people.
A. It B. This
C. She D. That
39. I had a really hard time science this semester, but my worst report was my science teacher.
A. with, of B. with, with
C. of, from D. with, from
40. Last night Tom's best friends gave a surprise party him.
A. for B. with
C. of D. to
Last Friday, after doing all the family shopping in the town, I wanted to have a rest before catching the train. I 41 a newspaper and some chocolate and 42 into the station coffee shop. It was a cheap self-service place with long tables to 43 at. I put my heavy bag down on the floor, 44 the newspaper and the chocolate on the table and then went to get a cup of coffee.
When I came back with the coffee, There was someone 45 in the next seat. 46 was a boy, with dark glasses and old clothes 47 bright red at the front. He had started to eat my chocolate!
Naturally, I was rather uneasy about him, but I didn't want to have any 48 . I just read the news-paper, tasted my coffee and took a bit of chocolate. The boy looked at me in 49 . Then he took a 50 piece of my chocolate. I could hardly believe it. Still I didn't say anything to him. When he took a third piece, I felt more angry than uneasy. I thought, "Well, I shall have the last piece." And I got it.
The boy gave me a strange look, then 51 up. As he left, he shouted out, "There's something 52 with that woman!" Everyone looked at me, 53 I didn't want to quarrel with the boy, so I kept quiet. I did not realize that I had 54 a mistake until I finished my coffee and was ready to 55 . My face turned red when I saw my unopened chocolate under the newspaper. The chocolate that I had been eating was the boy's!
41. A. stole B. bought
C. sold D. wrote
42. A. went B. sat
C. seated D. looked
43. A. sit B. seat
C. lie D. laugh
44. A. pushed B. took
C. put D. pulled
45. A. jumping B. playing
C. sitting D. sleeping
46. A. He B. It
C. Who D. What
47. A. cut B. washed
C. covered D. colored
48. A. coffee B. trouble
C. chocolate D. matter
49. A. carelessness B. anger C. surprise D. happiness
50. A. first B. second C. very D. last
51. A. stood B. took C. cried D. looked
52. A. strange B. wrong C. OK D. funny
53. A. and B. but C. so D. while
54. A. spelt B. corrected C. made D. found
55. A. finish B. leave C. jump D. shop
In China, more and more middle school students are getting shorter sleeping time than before. Most students sleep less than nine hours every night, because they have much homework to do. Some homework is given by their teachers, and some by their parents. Also, some students don't know how to save time. They are not careful enough while they do their homework, so it takes them a lot of time. Some students have to get up early in the morning on weekdays to get to school on time by bus or by bike. It can be a long way from home to school.
Schools and parents should cut down some of the homework so that our children can enjoy more than nine hours of sleep every night for their health. For children, we should make best use of our time. When we have enough time for sleeping, we will find it much better for both our study and health.
56. What makes most students sleep less than nine hours every night?
A. Watching TV. B. Playing computer games.
C. Doing their homework. D. Doing housework.
57. Who else gives children some homework to do besides their teachers?
A. Their parents. B. Other students. C. The children themselves. D. Nobody else.
58. How many hours of sleep is good for students' health?
A. Less than 9 hours. B. Over 9 hours. C. Only 9 hours. D. 8 hours.
59. What would happen to a student who often goes to bed late and gets up early?
A. He would fall asleep in class. B. He would do well in study.
C. He would finish his homework fast. D. He would have good health.
60. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Some students are so careless that they spend lots of time on their homework.
B. All the students stay up late for their homework.
C. Children should be given less homework.
D. Schools and parents should take care of children.
In Britain, some people say they will do anything if a famous person they love asks them to. One in three people in Britain have a new kind of disease (病) — they love a famous person too much.
Some people love famous stars like Britney Spears, David Beckham or even Tony Blair. It is not just the young; grown-ups have the same problem. One in four people are so interested in their hero that it affects (影响) their life.
There are two ways of worshipping (崇拜) famous people. One way is just to follow them or talk about them with friends for fun. The other is a more serious way. People have very strong feelings for them and think they are their friends. People who do so for fun are found to be happier. But those who have strong feelings for a famous person are perhaps to feel more lonely and worried. "Worshipping famous people is not certainly a bad thing," Dr John, an expert (专家) said. "But like many things, overdoing it may not always be good for you."
61. From what some people say, we know .
A. they are friends of the famous people B. famous people can pay them a lot of money
C. they must go to the hospital D. there is something wrong with their mind
62. How many people in Britain have got this kind of disease?
A. About one third. B. About a quarter. C. More than half. D. Just two or three.
63. What does the writer think of the two ways of worshipping famous people?
A. The first one is better. B. The second one is better.
C. Both of them are good. D. Neither of them is good.
64. People who have strong feeling for a famous person often feel worried because .
A. they cannot become famous themselves
B. they think the famous person may be in trouble
C. they are afraid the famous person may not like them
D. they cannot get anything in return from the famous person
65. Dr John tells us .
A. worshipping of famous people is a good thing B. anything overdone may bring some trouble
C. famous people are not always friendly to us D. we mustn't worship anybody or anything
No one wants to look silly or do the wrong thing at a new job. It is important to make the right impression (印象). You will face new people. You will be in a new place. It may be difficult to know what to do. Here are five tips to help you make it through the first days at a new job:
1. First impressions can last forever. Make sure you make a good one. Before your first day, find out if your new job has a dress code (rules about what you can wear to work). If so, be sure to follow it. No matter what, always be neat and clean.
2. Get to work on time. Give yourself an extra 15 minutes to make sure you arrive on time.
3. Pay attention to introductions. One of the first things that your supervisor may do is to introduce you to co-workers. These co-workers will be important to you. They are the ones who will answer your questions when the boss is not around.
4. Ask plenty (大量的) of questions. Make sure that your supervisor has told you what is expected of you. If he or she has not told you your duties, ask for a list. Set daily and weekly goals for yourself.
5. Never be the first one to leave. Observe what your co-workers do around quitting time (下班时间). It does not look good for you to be eager (渴望) to leave.
66. Before you arrive at work, you should .
A. dress in a right way B. introduce yourself
C. know your duties D. know your co-workers well
67. According to the passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. You should be the first one to arrive at work.
B. You should ask your co-workers for your duties.
C. You should not be eager to go back home.
D. You are required （要求） to arrive 15 minutes earlier.
68. According to the passage, your supervisor is most likely your .
A. visitor B. teacher C. workmate D. leader
69. The writer thinks that a new job is to people.
A. a duty B. a challenge C. an offer D. fun
70. What is the best title for this passage?
A. Getting a New Job. B. Tips on How to Work.
C. The First-day Work. D. The Importance of Co-workers.
When friends come to visit us in the evening, they spend their time t (71) us that they are in a h (72) and looking at their watches. It is not that our friends are all very b (73) , it is just that we have no television. People think that we are very strange. "But what do you do in the evening?" They are always a (74) . The answer is very easy. Both my wife and I have h (75) . We sometimes spend our evenings in classes for foreign languages. This is very u (76) as we go abroad for holiday. I c (77) stamps and I am always busy w (78) my collection. Both of us enjoy listening to music and p (79) cards.
Sometimes there are power cuts and we have no electricity in the house. This does not worry us as we just light candles and carry on with what we were doing before. Our friends are lost — no television! So they all come to us. They all have a good time. I (80) of sitting quietly in front of the television, everybody talks and plays games. Yes, life is possible without television.