1. — How much did the new bike c you?
— Five hundred yuan.
2. There are many different kinds of animals living in the sea, such as sharks, whales (鲸) and t .
3. A p is always lazy. It sleeps after eating and eats after sleeping.
4. Li Bin is very good at math. He was one of the w in the competitions he took part in.
5. I r a special gift last week. It was from my pen-friend.
6. Will you please speak more loudly? I couldn't hear you (clear).
7. The movie was boring. So I fell (sleep)halfway through it.
8. — How many (child) do you have, madam?
9. Our English teacher tells us singing English songs can make us more interested in (learn) English.
10. The P.E. teacher encouraged all the players (try) to win the game for the school.
1. This kind of photo album is not . I'll take only one.
A. cheap enough B. enough cheap
C. expensive enough D. enough expensive
2. If you are thirsty, you should choose water soft drinks.
A. instead B. except
C. more than D. rather than
3. As a boy of five, he an interest in football.
A. made B. picked
C. brought D. took
4. If there is one more bedroom, the house is .
A. well B. trendy
C. perfect D. bright
5. Teachers and parents often us students to study harder.
A. encourage B. suggest
C. make D. have
6. A lot of people are afraid of snakes, so people think that snakes are good pets.
A. a little B. little
C. a few D. few
7. After the earthquake, people from all parts of the country money and clothes.
A. took away B. brought in
C. gave away D. put away
8. — Why don't you play basketball this afternoon?
A. It doesn't matter B. That's right
C. I think so D. OK. I'd love to
9. I find that singing English songs one of the ways English.
A. are, to learn B. are, of learning
C. is, to learn D. is, learning
10. The grandmother is old carry the box. Let's go and help her.
A. too, to B. enough, to
C. so, that D. such, that
1. Your child isn't old enough to go to school this year. (同义句)
Your child is to school this year.
2. Mr Black has a daughter. She is eight years old. (合并为一句)
Mr Black has daughter.
3. How about going swimming with us this afternoon? (同义句)
you with us this afternoon?
4. This pair of new shoes cost me one hundred and eighty yuan. (同义句)
I one hundred and eighty yuan this pair of new shoes.
5. Larry sings Chinese songs well. Vera sings Chinese songs well, too. (合并为一句)
Vera sings Chinese songs Larry does.
Let's learn from each other and together.
Mr Green brought a lot of gifts and them to the poor children.
I've that place, but I've never been there before.
Tom is good to me and I'd love to him.
It is very hard for Sally to learn math, but she it.
It was Mary's thirteenth birthday. In the morning she received an e-mail from her uncle. "Dear Mary," he wrote in it, "Happy birthday! I'm sending you some chickens. They will arrive in the afternoon. I hope you like them. Uncle Toby."
Mary was very pleased. She liked eating eggs and chicken."I can keep the chickens for their eggs or chicken," she thought.
The chickens arrived in the afternoon. They were in a box. Mary was very happy. She took the box off the car and began to carry it into her garden, but the box was so heavy that she dropped it. The box fell onto the ground and broke. The chickens all ran out. They ran everywhere and it took Mary hours to catch them.
The next day her uncle came. He asked, "Did the chickens arrive safely?" "Yes, but I dropped the box. It was open and the chickens ran here and there. I spent three hours looking for them." Mary said.
"Did you find all of them?" asked her uncle.
"I hope so," Mary answered, "but I only caught eleven of them."
"That's very interesting. I only sent you six," her uncle said with a smile.
1. Mary got some chickens from her uncle her birthday.
2. Chickens were sent to Mary's house in a .
3. Mary dropped the and all the chickens .
4. It took Mary to catch her chickens.
5. Mary caught chickens, but of them were not hers.
Mrs Smith has three sons: John, Jack and James. Every year they would send their mother expensive (1) to show how rich they were.
John was the richest. And he thought, "I must give her something very (2) , and it should be the only one in the world." So he advertised in the newspaper: Wanted — the (3) gift for the woman who has everything.
Many people from all over the world phoned him. They wanted to sell him "the perfect gift". But none was the only one in the world. A
Then, a week (4) a man came to his office. He was carrying a cage, and in the cage there was a bird.
"This bird," the man said, "can speak ten languages and sing many pop songs. B "
"I'll listen to it," John said, "If you are telling the truth, I will buy the bird from you."(5)
The man spoke to the bird. "Talk to me in French," The bird spoke to him in French. "Tell me a joke in Japanese," he said. The bird told him a joke in Japanese. "Sing a famous pop song," he said. The bird sang a famous pop song.
"I'll buy it," John said. " (6) is it?"
"One hundred thousand dollars," the man said. This was a lot of money but John paid him. Then he sent the bird to his mother with a birthday card.(7)
The day after his mother's birthday, he phoned her. "Well, Mom," he said, "What did you think of the bird?"
"Oh, it was delicious, dear," she said. C
A. personal B. special C. asleep
D. later E. perfect
(2) (3) (4)
3. 句子"There is no other bird like it in the world."应还原到文中 处。
4. 从短文中找出"How did you like the bird?"的同义句。
（1） How many languages can the bird speak?
（2） What did Mrs Smith do with the bird?
The bird John dollars.
A. How many B. How long
C. How soon D. How much