1. What's your favorite sport? 2. Do you like swimming?
3. Do you agree that good swimmers are easy to drown (淹死)?Why?
Jimmy lives in the country, and he loves playing in the river near his house. But his father gets a job in a big city, and he moves there with his family.
Their new house has a garden, but the garden is very small. Jimmy isn't happy. "Is there a river near here?" He asks his mother on the first morning. His mother answers, "No, there isn't, but there's a nice park near here and there's a pool (池塘) in it. We're going there this afternoon." Jimmy is happy now.
After lunch Jimmy and his mother go to the park. Jimmy wants to walk near the pool, but there is a sign (标记) before it. His mother reads it to him, "Warning (警告): This pool is dangerous. 367 people fell into (掉入) it." Jimmy looks into the pool carefully, and he says, "But where are they? I can't see them".
1. Jimmy likes playing very much.
A. in the zoo B. in the river
C. in the garden D. in the park
2. Jimmy's father works .
A. in the park B. a river
C. in a big city D. in the country
3. There's near Jimmy's new house.
A. a park B. a river
C. a zoo D. a garden
4. Jimmy goes to the park .
A. with his father B. by himself
C. with his friend D. with his mother
5. Which of the following is true?
A. There are 367 people in the pool.
B. Jimmy fell into the pool.
C. There's something wrong with Jimmy's eyes.
D. Jimmy's family moves to the big city.
6. Jimmy loves p in the river near his house.
7. Jimmy i happy because the garden is very small.
8. There isn't a river near his new house, b there's a nice park and a pool.
9. After lunch Jimmy g to the park with his mother.
10. Jimmy c walk near the pool because it's dangerous.