当你的朋友和室友发生矛盾时，你会怎么劝慰他 / 她呢？看看下面的对话。
Storyline: Martha doesn't like her roommate because she always makes loud noises. Roger suggests that Martha should have a heart-to-heart talk with her roommate, but Martha ...
Roger: So, how is your new roommate?
Martha: She really turns me off.
Roger: What happened?
Martha: She's always making loud noises at midnight and when I remind her, she always makes rude remarks.
Roger: Why don't you have a heart-to-heart chat with her?
Martha: I tried, but it didn't work.
Roger: But how many times did you try?
Martha: At least three times. I guess I'm going to complain to the manager. I hope she can be evicted.
Gail has been packing orders for a long time, but when it's time to get off work, she's still not finished ...
Neal: How many orders do we still need to pack, Gail? We've been packing all day.
Gail: We still have to do about ten more.
Neal: Well, I'm really tired from packing all of the stuff all day. And it's about time to clock out.
Gail: I know. (Gail heaves a sigh.) Maybe we can finish it tomorrow.
Neal: Why not! These orders are not urgent. We could do it first thing tomorrow morning.
Gail: All right. Let's call it quits and go home.
Neal: See, great minds think alike!
turn sb. off: 使某人厌烦
make rude remarks: 说脏话
pack orders: 包装订单
get off work: 下班
clock out: 打卡记录上班时间
call it quits: 就此结束
great minds think alike: 英雄所见略同
上面的两段对话分别用"Why don't you have a heart-to-heart chat with her?" 和 "We could do it first thing tomorrow morning." 提出了建议，而第二单元的语法重点也是学习用should和could来表达提建议，下面我们来归纳一下还可以用哪些方式提建议：
1) 用"Shall we ..." 表示建议或征求对方意见时，可用以Shall开头的一般疑问句。其肯定回答一般可用 All right; OK; Good idea等。
2) 用"Let's ..." 表示“让我们 （包括双方在内） 做某事”这一建议时要用以Let's 开头的祈使句。而Let us在表示让我们做某事时, 不包括对方在内。如：
Let's go and see the pandas.
Let us go, will you?
3) 用"Why not ..."表建议，表示“为什么不……”时后接不带to的不定式（即动词原形）。"Why not...?"是省略了主语的省略形式，完整句为Why don't you / they / we ...? 如：
Why don't you try again? = Why not try again?
4) 用"What about..."表建议，意为“……怎么样”，后可接名词、代词和动名词。如:
What about going out for a walk? I'm going to the park. What about you?
5) 用"had better" 表建议，意为“最好”，“还是……好”，常用于口语，后接动词原形。如：
You had better stay at home. You'd better go now.
6) 用"Don't ..."来表示建议，通常用于祈使句的否定形式中。如：
Don't play in the street.
7) "Would you like ... " 这个句型的意思是“……怎么样”，后接sth.或to do sth. 如：
Would you like another cup of tea?
8) "Will you please ... " 的意思是“请你 …… 好吗”，后接动词原形。如：
Will you please pick it up?
① Why not go to the park?
go to the park?
② Why don't you meet a little earlier?
Why a little earlier?
③ Shall we go skating?
What about skating?
④ Shall we go to the cinema?
going to the cinema?
Keys: ① Why don't you ② not meet ③ going ④ What about