1. — Will it rain this afternoon?
— P not.
2. All difficulties are also p tigers.
3. It is often u for us to see a mouse.
4. The famous guests were warmly welcomed, e they went.
5. The p of this river is serious. Because the water in it was almost black.
B) 根据句意及汉语提示补全单词, 使句子完整、正确。
6. Her sister began to work in a shipping (公司) after she graduated from college.
7. Thank you very much for this (面谈).
8. Both of the football teams are strong, so it is (不可能) to predict the winner.
9. George Washington Carver and Thomas Alva Edison were American (科学家).
10. People have traveled through (太空) to the moon.
II. 单项选择, 选择最佳答案。
1. I believe there robots in people's homes in 30 years.
A. is B. are
C. be D. will be
2. — What do you think of his report?
— I like of what he said.
A. more B. many
C. lot D. much
3. He did quite well in the test. He made mistakes.
A. a little B. the least
C. the fewest D. quite a few
4. Joe's uncle works a doctor in the hospital. Tom wants to be a doctor his uncle.
A. as, like B. like, as
C. like, like D. as, as
5. — I eat vegetables and meat than I did last year.
— That's why you're getting fatter.
A. more, less B. fewer, more
C. less, more D. many, much
6. — Do you know where John went, Sally?
— He went skating with his brother.
A. probably B. terribly
C. friendly D. casually
7. It that everyone loves to play the computer games.
A. looks B. sounds
C. seems D. tastes
8. Chinese scientists will live a space station several years.
A. in, in B. in, on
C. on, in D. on, at
9. In 2005, the young man became a lawyer. And his dream came .
A. truly B. real
C. really D. true
10. Every evening Sally's parents make her her homework. After that they let her TV.
A. did, sees B. do, sees
C. do, watch D. does, watches
less more fewer
1. Tomorrow there will be bikes, and cars because of development of economics (经济).
2. Will there be or water in our country? Do you know?
3. I think there will be books, but there will be computers.
4. There will be free time and people will be busy in the future.
5. If you study harder, I think there will be mistakes in your homework and you will get marks.
1. There will be fewer cars and more buses. (变为反义句)
There will be cars and buses.
2. I think he will arrive in Wuhan tomorrow. (改为否定句)
I in Wuhan tomorrow.
3. A week ago, she flew to London. (用in a week改写句子)
She to London in a week.
4. Alexis will live in Shanghai in a week. (改为一般疑问句，并作否定回答)
Alexis Shanghai in a week?
5. Listen! The bird can speak some words. (同义句)
Listen! The bird speak some words.
6. When I first saw the West Lake, I began to love her immediately. (同义句)
When I first saw the West Lake, I her immediately.
7. The old man lives all by himself on that island. (同义句)
The old man lives on that island.
8. The head of the largest computer company in the United States thought that most people would never use computers. (同义句)
The head of the largest computer company in the United States thought that computers most people.
The middle school is very big. There are teachers.
My new bike is yours.
important English well.
Let's imagine 100 years.
It me than half an hour my homework every day.
根据对话内容，在空格处填写适当的单词使对话完整、正确。 (B=Bob J=Jane)
B: Jane, what are your predictions about the 1 ?
J: The future? Well, we'll study 2 home 3 computers. We 4 have to go to school.
B: You think 5 ? What 6 will we do?
J: We'll 7 long vacations.
B: Vocations? Where will we 8 ?
J: To the moon!
B: The moon? Why won't we take vacations 9 the earth?
J: 10 that's much more interesting on the moon!
I think our life will be very different in 100 years.
First, people won't live on the earth. ① Special machines will provide (提供) air and light, but the environment won' t be the same. Trees and plants won't grow because there won't be any soil (泥土). ② Most of food will be in the form of a pill (药丸). If there is no pollution in the sea, people will also eat fish. Second, I think people's everyday life will be different. ③ No one will have to do housework. So, people will have more free time and they will be able to enjoy the things they like — sports, for example. Finally, I believe that everyone will be able to travel to the moon for a holiday.
In a word, ④ I believe the future world will be an interesting place to live in.
① ② ③ ④
A. They won't have to work long hours, because computers and robots will help them.
B. Our cities will be under the sea.
C. I think that life in the future won't be the same as it is today.
D. For this reason, people won't be able to grow vegetables.
⑤What's the best title for the article?
A. Life on the earth
B. Life under the sea
C. Future life in my mind
D. An interesting place