会学的学生能够从句子中提炼出主要语言点。My dear friends，以下句子大都含有Units 4-5的重点短语及词组，你能将每句下面列出的短语或词组的意思写出来吗？拿起笔试试看。其中打“※”的为与文中出现词汇、短语有关的拓展词组。
1. What is a soap opera?
1) soap opera
2. She said she was having a surprise party for Lana on Friday night.
2) have a surprise party for sb.
3.Lana said she wasn't mad at Marcia any more.
3) be mad at sb.
4) not ... any more
4. What happened on "Young Lives" last night?
5) what happened on / to ...
5. Have a conversation about last night's episode of "Young Lives".
6) have a conversation about ...
6. I was sorry to hear that he had a cold last week.
7) I'm sorry to hear that ...
8) have a cold
7. I hope you are in good health.
9) be in good health
8. I'm good at speaking. I can do better in math.
10) be good at (doing) sth.
11) do well in
9. I had a really hard time with science this semester.
12) have a hard / difficult time with sth.
13) have difficulty (in) doing sth.
10. I wasn't surprised to find that my worst report was from my science teacher.
14) be surprised to do sth.
11. I was sure she would get over it.
15) get over
12. Teaching high school students in a poor mountain village in Gansu province may not sound like fun to you.
16) sound like (fun) to sb.
13. Her village was 2,000 metres above sea level.
17) sea level
14. There is no difference between you and them.
18) There is no difference between ... and ...
15. I can open up my students' eyes to the outside world and give them a good start in life.
19) open up
20) a good start in life
16. She likes being a good influence in the children's lives.
21) be a good influence in one's life
17. She would return to the area after finishing her studies.
22) return to
※18. Sue was so glad to have a new room of her own.
23) of one's own
※19. I'm all on my own today.
24) on one's own
※20. She looked up in surprise.
25) in surprise
※21. Much to my surprise, I passed the exam.
26) (much) to one's surprise
22. The players are passing on the football to each other.
27) pass (on) sth. to sb.
23. You were supposed to meet at the bus stop this morning to return it.
28) be supposed to do sth.
※24. It is reported that five men were killed in the traffic accident.
29) It is reported that ...
25. We all volunteered to paint the house.
30) volunteer to do sth.
26. They sent the old man to the hospital.
31) send ... to ...
※27. Grandpa Li was badly ill, we must send for a doctor.
32) send for sb.
28. He is good at caring for sick animals.
33) care for
29. If you do, you will have a good time.
34) have a good time
30. What will happen if they have the party today?
35) What will happen if ...
31. Were your answers to activity 1a correct?
36) the answers to ...
32. If you wear jeans, we won't let you in.
37) let sb. in
33. Wuhan is famous for the Yellow Crane Tower.
38) be famous for
34. For many young people, becoming a professional athlete might seem like a dream job.
39) seem like
35. You will be able to make a living by doing something you love.
40) be able to do sth.
41) make a living
36. If you become famous, people all over the world will know you.
42) all over the world
37. This can make life difficult.
43) make sth. difficult
38. Many professional athletes get injured.
44) get injured
39. You can become a model for young people who will look up to you.
45) become a model for sb.
46) look up to sb.
40. There isn't too much time left now.
47) too much
41. I'm afraid that's much too dear.
48) much too
42. You should take the chance to travel while you're young.
49) take the chance to do sth.
※43. Chances are that he has already heard the news.
50) Chances are that ... / There are chances that ...
44. Some parents feel the television is good for their children.
51) be good for sb.
45. With the help of some programmes of education, children do better in school.
52) with the help of sb. / with one's help
46. How are you getting on with your studies?
53) get on ... with
47. No one is against this proposal.
54) be against / for