1. 一般说来，如主句谓语动词是“said to”，直接引语部分是陈述句，变为间接引语时，要变为told，如直接引语部分是一般疑问句或特殊疑问句，则要变为asked。例如：
He said to me, "I'm sixteen years old." → He told me he was sixteen years old.
Simon said to me, "What do you find hardest in English?"
→ Simon asked me what I found hardest in English.
Mr Lu said, "I'll come here on time." → Mr Lu said he would go there on time.
Millie said to me, "I'm writing a letter." → Millie told me she was writing a letter.
He said to me, "I've left my book in your bedroom."
→ He told me he had left his book in my bedroom.
2. 直接引语变为间接引语时，指示代词的变化为: this → that， these → those。例如：
"Why did you buy these books?" he asked me.
→ He asked me why I had bought those books.
直接引语变为间接引语时，时间状语变化为： ago → before, now → then, tonight → that night, yesterday → the day before, next week → the next week, tomorrow → the next / following day等，地点状语的变化为：here → there。例如：
"What did you come here for yesterday?" the boss said to the young man.
→The boss asked the young man what he had gone there for the day before.
The teacher asked the little boy, "How old are you?"
→ The teacher asked the little boy how old he was.
"Don't make any noise," the teacher said to the students.
→ The teacher asked the students not /never to make any noise.
"Give my love to your parents", she said to me.
→ She asked me to give her love to my parents.
I asked Kate, "Did you enjoy the movie?"
→ I asked Kate if / whether she enjoyed the movie.
The old man said, "I'm very interested in what you said."
→ The old man said that he was very interested in what I had said.
Mr Wang often says, "I'll come and see you."
→Mr Wang often says that he will go and see me."
She will say, "I'll do it by myself." → She will say she will do it by herself.
The teacher said, "Light travels much faster than sound."
→ The teacher said light travels much faster than sound.
The little boy said, "I love my mother very much."
→ The little boy said he loves his mother very much.
1. "I am very happy to visit your factory," he said.
2. "He was here a few weeks ago, and he came again yesterday." she said.
3. She said to me, "Will you go with me?"
4. He said, "What do you think of the novel?"
5. Lana said, "I visited Australia last year."
Lana said that Australia .
6. Marcia asked Eve, "Are you from America?"
Marcia asked Eve from America.
7. He said, "What are you doing over here?"
He asked doing over .
1. "Don't worry about me," she her sister.
A. said to B. talked C. thanked to D. spoke
2. " help me with my English?" she said.
A. Shall we B. Do you C. Could you D. Might you
3. She told me a noise in the hall.
A. don't make B. not to make C. make not to D. to make not
4. Simon his dog to lie down under the big tree.
A. made B. had C. finished D. ordered
5. His father asked the boy, " are doing this for?"
A. What, you B. Which, you C. Where, we D. Why, we